Client Bill of Rights
- You have the right to your own information and data. We don't register your domains in our name or otherwise interfere with your right to control or move your content.
- You have the right to all logins, passwords and other technical information necessary for you or anyone else you designate to manage your content.
- You have the right to make the final decisions. Even if we think a design of yellow pages with purple stripes is not the best for you, that's what we'll implement if you tell us to do it.
- You have the right to review options. If you want us to think of more than one way something can be done, we'll give you choices.
- You have a right to know when -we- don't know. We don't pretend to be familiar with every technology out there, and won't tell you we're experts when we're not.
- You have the right to strict confidentiality. We don't discuss your projects with anyone you haven't given us explicit permission to discuss the project with.
- You have the right to know how much something's going to cost -before- work is started.
- You have the right to receive an invoice you can understand.
- You have the right to know exactly who is working on your project, what qualifications they hold and whether their background has been checked.
- You have the right to timely, open and consistent communication.
Unless your agreement with PixelMongers says otherwise, you have a right to own all the works we create for you.